Own it Love it Make it Work
How to Make any Job Your Dream Job
Is work WORKING for you?
If you experience the “Sunday night scaries,” count down the days to the weekend, or dread the thought of another day at work, maybe you can only see two options to escape your current misery: quit your job or stay and suffer.
There is another option.
In Own It. Love It. Make It Work., one of America’s top productivity consultants, reveals why you don’t have to rely on your company, nor your boss, for your professional fulfillment. Instead, you can take ownership of your career, your life, and your happiness―right now.
Tate begins with a powerful premise: that “it takes two” to cultivate engagement―that both you and your employer need to have an equal voice in the process. She then outlines five fundamental strategies and tools to make your job work for you, including how to:
- Be recognized and rewarded for your knowledge, skills, and contributions
- Align your job to your strengths so you can focus on what you love to do
- Shape your work in a way that meets both your professional and personal needs and goals
- Build meaningful, impactful relationships so you can advance your career
- Develop new skills and knowledge so you can increase your value and impact
- Design your job to find meaning in your work
Packed with actionable steps and inspiring, results-driven stories from Carson’s consulting work, Own It. Love It. Make It Work. equips you with a complete toolkit for making a living and enjoying your life.
About the Author
Carson is a dynamic teacher and coach known for personal transformation and simple, powerful actionable content. She is a nationally renowned expert on productivity, whose views have been included in top-tier business media including Bloomberg Businessweek, Forbes, Fast Company, Harvard Business Review blog, The New York Times, Working Mother and more.